By Erich W Steinman,Brett Genny Beemyn
- the ordinary determine of the predatory, immoral bisexual guy within the novels of E. Lynn Harris
- the ignored bisexual topics in James Baldwin's vintage novels one other state and Giovanni's Room
- the murderous bisexual males in such motion pictures as Blue Velvet and American Commandos
- the portrayal in women's magazines of the bisexual husband as a promiscuous, deceitful AIDS provider
- the conflicts inside sexual-identity politics among homosexual males and bisexual males
- the point of interest on bisexual orientation, instead of sexual habit, as a threat issue for AIDS Continuing the culture of Bisexuality within the Lives of guys: proof and Fictions, Bisexual males in tradition and Society bargains an excellent research of the lives of bisexual males and their precarious place inside a racist, sexist, and homophobic society.
Read Online or Download Bisexual Men in Culture and Society PDF
Similar gay & lesbian nonfiction books
Considers the prior, current, and way forward for interdisciplinary fields prompted by way of matters for social justice. within the Sixties and Seventies, activists who interested in the academy as a key web site for fostering social swap all started by way of querying the assumptions of the conventional disciplines and remodeling their curricula, placing into position women’s and ethnic reviews courses that modified either the topic and techniques of scholarship.
Over the a long time, homosexual cinema has mirrored the community's trip from persecution to emancipation to popularity. Politicised dramas like sufferer within the 60s, The bare Civil Servant within the 70s, and the AIDS cinema of the 80s have given means lately to movies which have a good time an unlimited array of homosexual life-styles.
What do truckers do approximately their sexual wishes at the highway? This startling and specified research examines the on-the-road intercourse lives of vital American truck drivers. It takes a quantitative and qualitative examine the level of homosexuality, prostitution, drug use, and vulnerability to HIV an infection between those males who function in a surprisingly distinct sexual tradition.
First released in 1999, the groundbreaking Exile and delight is key to the historical past and way forward for incapacity politics. Eli Clare's revelatory writing approximately his reports as a white disabled genderqueer activist/writer tested him as one of many major writers at the intersections of queerness and incapacity and completely replaced the panorama of incapacity politics and queer liberation.
- Queering Fat Embodiment (Queer Interventions)
- Gay Conservatives: Group Consciousness and Assimilation
- Why Europe Is Lesbian and Gay Friendly (and Why America Never Will Be) (SUNY series in Queer Politics and Cultures)
- Dirty River: A Queer Femme of Color Dreaming Her Way Home
- Pedagogies of Crossing: Meditations on Feminism, Sexual Politics, Memory, and the Sacred (Perverse Modernities)
Additional info for Bisexual Men in Culture and Society