By Evert Gummesson
'This meticulous e-book submits examine and the learn procedure to deep scrutiny. It debunks the unhelpful dichotomy among quantitative and qualitative examine and highlights the nice price of multi-method and interactive examine, techniques that experience enormously deepened our thinking.'
– Professor Adrian Payne, collage of latest South Wales, Australia / Professor Pennie Frow, collage of Sydney
Setting out to dispel the argument that case research study lacks the technological know-how, idea and for this reason validity of different sorts of learn, Evert Gummesson combines many a long time of expertise as either a well known pupil and a reflective practitioner to successfully bridge the divide among case concept and the way it's utilized in perform.
Bringing the basic strengths of instances to the fore, Gummesson introduces the 'Case concept' proposal as an elevated model of case research learn together with either technique and the categories of effects that emerge by:
- Guiding the reader within the theoretical and philosophical underpinning
- Demonstrating find out how to translate concept to pertinent examine perform that deal with the true and consequential concerns in company and administration at the present time.
This ebook will attract scholars, teachers and researchers who're attracted to the technology and philosophy in the back of case examine study in addition to the method and a thought-provoking learn for an individual who desires to be challenged approximately their trust of case examine theory.
Read Online or Download Case Theory in Business and Management: Reinventing Case Study Research PDF
Best anthropology books
Forbidden indicators explores American tradition from the mid-nineteenth century to 1920 in the course of the lens of 1 impressive episode: the crusade led by means of Alexander Graham Bell and different famous american citizens to suppress using signal language between deaf humans. the consequent debate over signal language invoked such basic questions as what uncommon americans from non-Americans, civilized humans from "savages," people from animals, males from girls, the usual from the unnatural, and the conventional from the irregular.
In 2005, twelve cartoons mocking the prophet Mohammed seemed within the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, igniting a political firestorm over calls for by means of a few Muslims that the claims in their non secular religion take priority over freedom of expression. Given the explosive response from heart jap governments, Muslim clerics, and a few Danish politicians, the degree used to be set for a backlash opposed to Muslims in Denmark.
What makes humans comply with the extension of political rights to these they sincerely dislike? This publication strikes past the large learn in this query in western contexts to target the worldwide south, delivering precise empirical reports of political tolerance in plural societies the place poverty is commonly used and democratic associations can usually be fragile.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2016 im Fachbereich Kulturwissenschaften - Sonstiges, word: 1,3, Leuphana Universität Lüneburg, Veranstaltung: Zeit der Moderne, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Schon Benjamin Franklin erkannte mit seinem berühmten Zitat „Zeit ist Geld“ wie eng Zeit und Geld miteinander in Verbindung stehen.
- Creativity and Academic Activism: Instituting Cultural Studies
- Democracy, Corruption and the Politics of Spirits in Contemporary Indonesia (The Modern Anthropology of Southeast Asia)
- Miracles and Extraordinary Experience in Northern Kenya (Contemporary Ethnography)
- Myths of American Slavery
- Native Tongue, Stranger Talk: The Arabic and French Literary Landscapes of Lebanon (Middle East Studies Beyond Dominant Paradigms)
- Hermann Hesse, Yoga und „Siddharta“: Die Einflüsse indischer und chinesischer Philosophien auf Hesses Werk „Siddharta“ unter Berücksichtigung religiöser Element des Yoga (German Edition)
Additional info for Case Theory in Business and Management: Reinventing Case Study Research