By Felipe Cala Buendía
Read or Download Cultural Producers and Social Change in Latin America PDF
Similar anthropology books
Forbidden indicators explores American tradition from the mid-nineteenth century to 1920 throughout the lens of 1 amazing episode: the crusade led through Alexander Graham Bell and different admired american citizens to suppress using signal language between deaf humans. the resultant debate over signal language invoked such primary questions as what exclusive americans from non-Americans, civilized humans from "savages," people from animals, males from ladies, the traditional from the unnatural, and the traditional from the irregular.
In 2005, twelve cartoons mocking the prophet Mohammed seemed within the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, igniting a political firestorm over calls for by way of a few Muslims that the claims in their spiritual religion take priority over freedom of expression. Given the explosive response from center jap governments, Muslim clerics, and a few Danish politicians, the degree was once set for a backlash opposed to Muslims in Denmark.
What makes humans conform to the extension of political rights to these they truly dislike? This publication strikes past the large learn in this query in western contexts to target the worldwide south, providing exact empirical reviews of political tolerance in plural societies the place poverty is regular and democratic associations can usually be fragile.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2016 im Fachbereich Kulturwissenschaften - Sonstiges, word: 1,3, Leuphana Universität Lüneburg, Veranstaltung: Zeit der Moderne, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Schon Benjamin Franklin erkannte mit seinem berühmten Zitat „Zeit ist Geld“ wie eng Zeit und Geld miteinander in Verbindung stehen.
- Parenthood between Generations: Transforming Reproductive Cultures (Fertility, Reproduction and Sexuality: Social and Cultural Perspectives)
- Reflexionen der Urzeit: Essays zur Entwicklungsgeschichte des Menschen (German Edition)
- Our Bodies Belong to God: Organ Transplants, Islam, and the Struggle for Human Dignity in Egypt
- The Ecology of Power: Culture, Place and Personhood in the Southern Amazon, AD 1000–2000: Culture, Place and Personhood in the Southern Amazon, AD 1000-2000 ... in Identity, Memory, and the Built Env)
- The Experience of Power in Medieval Europe, 950–1350
Extra info for Cultural Producers and Social Change in Latin America