By Gebhard Deissler
Read or Download Das Management des kulturellen Wandels (German Edition) PDF
Similar anthropology books
Forbidden symptoms explores American tradition from the mid-nineteenth century to 1920 during the lens of 1 outstanding episode: the crusade led by means of Alexander Graham Bell and different admired american citizens to suppress using signal language between deaf humans. the resultant debate over signal language invoked such basic questions as what unique american citizens from non-Americans, civilized humans from "savages," people from animals, males from ladies, the common from the unnatural, and the traditional from the irregular.
In 2005, twelve cartoons mocking the prophet Mohammed seemed within the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten, igniting a political firestorm over calls for through a few Muslims that the claims in their spiritual religion take priority over freedom of expression. Given the explosive response from heart jap governments, Muslim clerics, and a few Danish politicians, the degree used to be set for a backlash opposed to Muslims in Denmark.
What makes humans conform to the extension of political rights to these they sincerely dislike? This publication strikes past the large learn in this query in western contexts to target the worldwide south, delivering particular empirical stories of political tolerance in plural societies the place poverty is commonly used and democratic associations can usually be fragile.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2016 im Fachbereich Kulturwissenschaften - Sonstiges, observe: 1,3, Leuphana Universität Lüneburg, Veranstaltung: Zeit der Moderne, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Schon Benjamin Franklin erkannte mit seinem berühmten Zitat „Zeit ist Geld“ wie eng Zeit und Geld miteinander in Verbindung stehen.
- Black Women against the Land Grab: The Fight for Racial Justice in Brazil
- Plural Marriage for Our Times: A Reinvented Option?
- Putting the Barn Before the House: Women and Family Farming in Early Twentieth-Century New York
- The Anthropology of Complex Economic Systems: Inequality, Stability, and Cycles of Crisis
- The Libidinal Economy of China: Gender, Nationalism, and Consumer Culture
- Economic Cycles, Crises, and the Global Periphery (International Perspectives on Social Policy, Administration, and Practice)
Extra resources for Das Management des kulturellen Wandels (German Edition)